The People's Climate Movement unites under the Jemez Principles:
1. Be Inclusive
2. Emphasis on Bottom-Up Organizing
3. Let People Speak for Themselves
4. Work Together In Solidarity and Mutuality
5. Build Just Relationships Among Ourselves
6. Commitment to Self-Transformation
The People's Climate Movement (PCM) is a broad based coalition of frontline communities, workers, and environmental organizations dedicated to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, gender, social, and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, women, queer, and trans communities, indigenous and tribal people and lands, and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits, and preserve the rights of workers, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
Become a Partner
If you are willing to work under these principles and the vision proposed, you are welcome to apply and get your events on the roster. If you would like to partner with us, fill out the form below and one of our organizers will get back to you.